Claiming foreign GST or equivalent overseas tax

Can I claim an amount of foreign GST (or equivalent tax) charged by an overseas supplier?
The University is not currently in a position to claim foreign GST (e.g. VAT, Singapore GST).  If you would like to discuss this, forward the details of your query in writing to Client Services.

NOTE: Some overseas entities are registered for GST in Australia, therefore the University is entitled to claim any amount of Australian GST they charge on supplies.  If you are unsure of whether or not the University is entitled to claim GST on an invoice, email a copy of your query (including a scanned copy of the invoice) to FS-Tax.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.