Tax invoice requirement

When do I need a tax invoice?
You need a tax invoice to claim input tax credits (ITCs) for a purchase of services or supplies. If the payment is less than $82.50 (including GST) you do not have to obtain a compliant tax invoice, however you still need independent evidence of the purchase (i.e. credit card statement, receipt etc.).  Internal documentation is not sufficient for this purpose (e.g. petty cash slip etc.).

If you are unsure contact FS-Tax.
Was this answer helpful?
Your rating has been submitted; please tell us how we can make this answer more useful.